Another Cool Weather Favorite…..
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
2 cans cream of potato soup
1 bag frozen vegetables (peas/corn/carrot/green bean mix)
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic
4 chicken breasts,cooked and cubed
Salt & Pepper
1 frozen pie crust
1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 400°F
1. Sautée the onion and garlic in oil.
2. Microwave the veggies until just under tender.
3. Add the chicken, cream of potato soup, vegetables and S&P to taste.
4. Transfer to a casserole dish or four ramekin dishes.
5. Unroll the pie crust on top of the casserole dish or cut to size of ramekins.
6. Brush the egg on top.
7. Cut a few slits in the crust and bake at 400°F for about 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
If you prefer a soupier consistency, add milk or cream. However, don’t add too much, or it will spill over the top and cause the oven to have crusty burnt pieces things on the bottom of the oven. In this case, you will probably want to place the ramekins on a cookie sheet while baking.
New Life on a Homestead, TwelveoEight, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, Boogie Board Cottage, Between Naps on the Porch, The Tablescaper, By StephanieLynn, Nifty Thrifty, Twigg Studio, VGM206, The Chicken Chick, The Heart of Your Home, The Dedicated House, Time Warp Wife,